School lunch is an important part of the student’s day. The Food Service Department (FSD) is proud in the role it plays in providing students with appealing and nutritious lunches that are well balanced and meet the nutritional guidelines of the National School Lunch Program, administered by the USDA. Our commitment is to provide quality, nutritionally-balanced and appealing menu selections to our customers. Healthy eating patterns are essential for students to achieve their full academic potential, physical and mental growth and lifelong health and well-being.
Through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Act, the USDA is making changes for the first time in 15 years. Offer verses Serve (OVS) allows children to decline foods they do not want to eat with the goal of reducing plate waste. At lunch, the food components are:
- Meats/Meat alternates
Under OVS, the student must take at least three components in the required serving sizes and one selection must be at least 1/2 cup from either the fruit or vegetable component. Students who need a substitution for milk can replace it with juice if a doctor’s note and allergy form is on file.
Meal Payments and Prices
This year’s lunch prices reflect the costs the FSD has incurred for food & supplies, and utility usage and reflect what other District 12 schools are charging.
|Meal Prices|| |
|PreK thru 5||$4.00|
|6 thru 8||$4.00|
- A la carte items are not included with lunch and are charged accordingly. Parents should discuss purchasing guidelines with their children in advance to prevent unwanted charges to their account.
- Parents wishing to block certain purchases can contact the FSD at (414) 453-6850 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milk is offered to students in Kindergarten through 2nd Grade.
- This is optional and parents who would like their child to receive milk must pay a one time fee.
- If you opt out, inform your child’s teacher that you do not want your child to receive snack time milk.
- Children who qualify for free/reduced meals are not exempt from paying the milk fee.
- The price for morning milk for the year is $20.00 for K4 students and $40.00 for K5 students.
- Make checks payable to “St. Sebastian Lunch”.
- Payment for morning milk is due in September for the whole year or just for first semester, and January for second semester (if payment was split).
Free and Reduced School Meals Family Applications
- Parents/guardians of families whose financial conditions meet the income guidelines are encouraged to complete a Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application.
- An application must be completed each year in order to be considered for this program.
- Choice students do not automatically qualify and must fill out an application.
- An application was included in your school packet. The application can also be found on this website (see below), the school office and the cafeteria.
- Applications are accepted anytime during the school year.
- Upon receiving an application, it will take four full business days to process and notify the family of their eligibility status.
- Any free or reduced lunch student bringing cold lunch must pay $0.60 for milk.
If you are interested in applying, please read the letter and the instructions below; then print and complete the Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application. Submit your application to: St. Sebastian School Cafeteria, 1747 N. 54th St., Milwaukee, WI 53208.
Contact the Food Service Department at (414) 453-6850 or email email@example.com if you do not have access to a printer and need a paper copy.